I am a citizen of India and for the first time I have dared to pen down my thoughts about the injustice in society.I was taught that I’d never walk a step in police station if I were wise but even if today I won’t open up, I think I never would.
Sir/Madam you must be aware of what has happened in Hyderabad ( if not please visit http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-09-18/hyderabad/42182444_1_cyber-city-canteen-director-general ). If you were unaware about it then its failure of liberty given to media which may have sold itself to politicians and barons for their own causes.
Just to revive your busy mind about the incident ( is it so? or is it a hideous inhuman crime?) I would like to specify few facts as told by the victim herself.
- She was abducted from her college on 3rd April 2012.
- She was continuously assaulted.
- She was constantly raped.
- She was moved from places to places(noteworthy thing is owners/neighbors knew about rape bondage but did nothing.)
- Family of the accused knows it. For crying out loud father of the accused is an ex-army man, brother is an advocate and still they did nothing which would have suited to their profession. The most irritating fact is brother of accused also tried to molest her.
- The girl had called from accused’s mobile and had given an active clue to trace her in around May 2012. The cops traced the number back to accused but inspector reverted by saying accused Satya Prakash Singh confessed it to be his mobile number but claimed it was lost few months back and refused any knowledge about the missing girl, so police simply let him off.
- Mr. Amjedullah Khan(who accompanied the girl while lodging the complaint) alleged that police let off Satya Prakash Singh even after such a crucial lead because of the intervention of senior TDP politician son in whose college Satya Prakash was running the canteen.
- The girl got pregnant and a lady doctor helped the accused by carrying out an illegal abortion.
- Some Police officers took bribe and participated in her humiliation by groping her.
Sir/Madam there is one sister who was abducted, assaulted, humiliated and raped for 17 months, A daughter who was torn into pieces not only physically but also psychologically and there is a woman who was treated as an object by the sinner. I may have a sister, a mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend, or just another fellow lady passenger who travels with me on the same route. I care for them and I want to see them safe when they leave from home and thus I expect few of my questions to be answered.
- How it can happen that a person was confined for 17 months and nobody cared about the ordeal she might be going through?
- Why nobody could find her?
- Were the clues insufficient when she had called from abduction?
- What about Inhuman flat owners/neighbours where she was kept as a hostage and they kept mum?
- What about the involvement of college personnel?
- A brief about the stained role of cops?
- Why the news is not on TV?
- Why still nobody knows?
- What about investigation? Why the accused is in judicial custody and not in police custody where he can be given third degree to made him spit out the truth?
There are few thoughts you might be expecting from every sane human being in reply to every rape and molestation case as:
1. Time to rethink about capital punishment for such culprits. (Stoned to death in public place)
2. Tear apart the double faced media, who has not yet given on any tv news channels apart from few online papers that too after a facebook outrage.
3. According to the initial complaint policemen also helped the culprit. If cops are found guilty they should be given the same punishment.
4. The doctors who carry out such abortions should be banned and prosecuted equally.
To hide her identity we are calling her sister Aabroo / Sister Aabrooh. To know about her entire ordeal please visit https://ashknigahee.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/20-year-old-hyderabad-student-confined-raped-for-17-months-mission-justice-for-sister-aabroo/
An ordinary man alone is never heard, can you please send the same mail for showing your support to every police commissioner/ Chief Minister/ Women Commissions/ Governor?